When I think of Banana bread I think of warm after school snacks with my mom. I think of the smell it makes as it cooks throughout the house and joy it has brought. So when you are fighting disease, don’t have a great appetite and need something to soothe you and your belly this is a perfect option.
Since this is a childhood recipe for me I found it only fitting to adapt my mother’s recipe for when she was turning to medicinal for help with her cancer treatments. It was something she loved to make with me and loved to eat so it was easy for her to get down and helped her keep her appetite throughout the day. This deeply improved how she would feel throughout the day and would help her manage the daily aches and pains.
What you will need:
3-4 very ripe bananas, peeled
⅛ cup melted coconut oil
3 tbsps of melted OMNI Pure Coco cannabis infused coconut oil
½ cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1½ cups of all-purpose flour
¼ cup of oats
1 cup of chocolate chips (optional)
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350͒ F and grease and flour your loaf pan to prepare.
- Mash bananas in bowl into a nice, slightly chunky, mush.
- Add melted OMNI Pure Coco cannabis infused coconut oil, regular coconut oil, vanilla and sugar to the bowl and mix till combined.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour while mixing slowly to incorporate everything thoroughly.
- At this point add in your additional fixings such as chocolate chips (sprinkle some on top through the centre for added goodness), nuts, marshmallows whatever your heart desires.
- Pour into your loaf pan. This is where you would swirl in additions like Nutella or jams for extra yummy goodness always sprinkle extra goodies on top!
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out batter free and clean.
A great recipe to help comfort the kid in all of us and I hope you find comfort in it as well.